Shimano Talica 50II review: Field tested with MGFC
tagged in: gear, latest news
posted in: Gear Reviews, Pelagics, Tips & Techniques
The Mexican Gulf Fishing Co. (MGFC) is proud to fish with Shimano rods & reels. Shown here, the Shimano Talica 50II. One question: is the guy in yellow a Photo Bomb or is he amazed at the the Talic 50II/Terez’s power
Shimano’s new Talica TAC-50II, is a two-speed reel that provides anglers with a compact, high-speed castable lever-drag reel that can hold enough line to battle just about anything that swims. In the photo above, we had a monster wahoo on the end of the line. But, we just as frequently use Shimano’s TAC-50IIs on big tuna swimming round our neighborhood in the Gulf of Mexico off Venice, Louisiana.
Shimano sponsors MGFC. We’re proud to fish with their products; they’re a big part of our success.
A charter trip is only as successful as the charter captain, but having the best gear helps.
Shimano makes the best rods & reels. Plain and simple, it’s why we fish with them. That means when you fish with MGFC, you’re fishing with the latest and greatest gear in the sport fishing industry.
Book a trip with MGFC to see what the latest in Shimano technology feels like in real world use.
Features of the Shimano Talica 50II
- Compact, High Speed, Castable Lever Drag with High Capacity
- 2-year warranty with online registration
- Machined-aluminum handle / side plate with E.I
- Corrosion protected
- Lightweight Spool for excellent live-bait cast ability
- Oversized Carbon Drag Washers for Ultra-High Drag Pressures
- Waterproof Drag (when engaged)
- Silent Twin-Pawl Anti-Reverse
- Ergonomic Power Handle
- Ratcheting Drag Lever
- Preset Knob with Click
- 2-Speed HEG (High Efficiency Gearing)
- S A-RB (Shielded A-RB Ball Bearings) *
- Rated for use with Mono & Fluorocarbons
* = Hey! It’s all ball bearings nowadays.